YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE UNIVERSE, NO LESS THAN THE TREES AND THE STARS, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE. AND WHETHER OR NOT IT IS CLEAR TO YOU, NO DOUBT THE UNIVERSE IS UNFOLDING AS IT SHOULD. THEREFORE BE AT PEACE WITH GOD WHATEVER YOU CONCIEVE HIM TO BE. AND WHATEVER YOUR LABOURS AND ASPIRATIONS, IN THE NOISY CONFUSION OF LIFE KEEP PEACE WITH YOUR SOUL. WITH ALL ITS SHAM, DRUDGERY AND BROKEN DREAMS, IT IS STILL A BEAUTIFUL WORLD.

BE CHEERFUL.

STRIVE TO BE HAPPY .



Sunday, April 04, 2010

Minesweeper



^This is the big news.^


Right I am really really bad at this stuff but I have decided to use this blog to show off and that may just make me a more decent blogger - doubt it but lets just see.
I'm now going to explain the mask. It's the start of one of my many many ideas for art projects that I plan to pursue in the coming months. For the last 10 years I've been employed in the theatre world in Northern Ireland (mainly Belfast). However, I've come to realise recently that I know longer get the artistic satisfaction from painting sets, making props or other wierd shit for other people as I used to. I have designed some sets over the years but only one has ever left me feeling truely contented. I shall put pictures up in next post.
When I say I've been feeling this recently it's been over about 3 years, only now am I aware that time's aticking. So I have just 2 days ago acquired an artists studio, (see top photo). It's in west Belfast not far from the falls road and so reasonably close to the city centre, in an old linen mill great big windows tiled floors, a double sink and pigeons nesting outside, a rock band rehearse down the corridor and a t-shirt company directly across from me who watch day time tv loudly. Haven't got all my crap in there yet there's a bit of cleaning to do and I've 3 jobs looming over the next 6 weeks so maynot get alot of my own work. Thing is there's no lease I just have to pay a month in advance works out at £140 per month all in, though they keep an eye on the lecky meter if it goes overf £15p/m then I pay the difference. If I want to leave I just let them know before the month's up. Hopefully that wont be for a while.


This is also really handy as I'm able to get the room I've been using in the house clear as we are about to put the house on the market with the hope that we'll be able to move back to Belfast very soon.

No comments: